Summary: Senior marketing communications leader with 25 years of experience.
Current Employer: PUSH 7 Agency
Position Title: Vice President
Employment Dates: January 2019 – Current
Position Overview: As part of the senior leadership team, I provide client council in areas, including communications strategy, messaging, digital and social media.
- Develop and implement strategy to advance client objectives across marketing and communications.
- Proactively monitor and translate industry trends to create opportunities to advance client leadership.
- Assess competitive landscape through market research and identify market ownership opportunities.
- Manage work streams and teams to ensure quality and scheduled deliverable of project assets.
Prior Employer: American Iron and Steel Institute
Position Title: Senior Director, Sustainability Communications
Employment Dates: May 1995 – January 2019
Position Overview: For more than 20 years, I led industry sustainability outreach by traveling the globe, growing market share for steel by credibly communicating the sustainable advantages of steel produced in North America.
- Generated demand for steel as the sustainable material of choice through promoting understanding of the recycling, life cycle, circular economy and social benefits of steel.
- Strategically positioned steel to align industry messaging with emerging regulatory, environmental and customer requirements.
- Advocated for the North American steel industry through participation in key state, national and global associations, NGOs and partner organizations.
- Analyzed competitive landscape to capitalize on pre-competitive opportunities to unite industry sustainability messaging.
- Robert Morris University – Masters of Science: Communications and Information Systems
- Penn State University – Bachelor of Arts: Journalism
Leadership Boards and Committees:
- Keep America Beautiful, Inc. – Board of Directors 2015-2019
- World Steel Association – Product Sustainability Council 2015-2019
- World Steel Association – Post Consumer Recycling Rate Expert Group 2014-2019
- World Steel Association – Life Cycle Experts Group 2008-2014
- World Steel Association – Sustainability Indicators Reporting Group 2008-2019
- American Iron and Steel Institute – Strategic Communications Council 2010-2019
- American Iron and Steel Institute – Construction Sustainability Council 2014-2019
- American Iron and Steel Institute – Energy Council 2016-2019
- American Iron and Steel Institute – Environment Council 2016-2019
- Metal Roofing Association – Executive Advisory Council 2007-2009
Other Communications Experience:
- Penn State University Sports Information – Intern (1994-1995)
- USA Boxing – Intern (1993)
- The Daily Collegian – Beat Reporter (1992-1993)
Contact me today to learn how we can achieve success together.